Friday, April 18, 2014

Counting Down the days, hours and minutesss

Guten tag! 

My name is Amber. I'm an Elementary Education major and a soon-to-be graduate of Western Kentucky University. Crossing my fingers for a teaching job come August (might want to cross my toes too). Before I graduate, I am flying across the globe allll the way to Germany to complete the final lap of my student teaching! To say I'm excited is an understatement. I have been extremely blessed with my two student teaching placements so far--2nd grade at Briarwood Elementary and then 6th grade at Natcher Elementary. I have absolutely fallen in love with this career and the students. They make my heart so happy and I now know more than I ever have before that this is EXACTLY what God wanted me to do in life and what my purpose is in this life. 

Soo let's cut to the chase. On Monday, at 8:55 AM, this small town girl will be boarding an airplane en route to Germany--can't wrap my mind around that still! But I do have several things to do before I am even remotely prepared for this trip. It's Friday, haven't started packing. Typical Amber. Actually I haven't even done the laundry I need to do to be able to pack so that's going to be my Friday night. Nonetheless, I'm excited to go home this weekend and enjoy the last few days with my family and friends until I'm all the way across the world. No big deal. Although I have no idea what to expect in Germany, I am completely ready to immerse myself in the culture and let this experience change my life. This is an experience of a lifetime and I plan on making the absolute most of it. Of course I wouldn't even have this opportunity without the love, support (and lets be honest here, funds) of my family, especially my mom and dad, and my friends. I can't wait to share my adventures with you all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment